6/16/17

Has any American President ever been treated with such disrespect?

Yesterday I was searching Amazon for a gift for my mom. I was using the search term "gift for a woman" and this came up in the results:

Amazon Trump gift

Yes, it is a Trump "pencil holder" and yes, the pencil is stuck up his ass!

OK, so let me preface this rant by stating my current feelings on Donald Trump. I'm not a fanboy. I voted for Trump but was never "on the Trump Train" as they say. I voted for Trump because the alternative was truly unthinkable. 

So far Trump has mainly let me down as far as the expectations I had going in. His attitude and seeming inability to let the small shit go has hurt him terribly IMO. However he has accomplished some good things- getting a conservative SCOTUS appointment approved is at the top in my opinion and was the key reason I voted for him. 

Basically, I support President Trump and really want him to succeed for the good of the country. I don't see how wanting him to fail benefits anyone in our society. I'm not going to blindly defend him like some do. If he fucks up, I'll call him on it.

When I see something as absurd as this "gag gift" it really makes me angry though. I mean, the level of disrespect towards Trump is just off the charts. It triggers my sense of fair play, and this is way over the edge in political humor. This is just another example of how the anti-Trump crowd has totally lost their fucking minds. 

I sent a couple Tweets to Amazon about this asking sarcastically- "I can't seem to find the Obama with a pencil up his ass figurine. Can you help me?" But I've received no response.

Although Amazon is not the seller of this product, they do stock it in their warehouses and distribute it. In my opinion this needs to be pulled and products screened more carefully. This is outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment